tirsdag 8. januar 2013

Well shit. I was looking through Tumblr, trying to find some inspiration for this birthday card I am currently trying to make. And I came across this picture saying “Every song ends. Is that a reason not to enjoy the music?”. And I just thought it was brilliant. You can interpret it the way you want. But the way I see it, is that music is a metaphor for love? Friendship? Something like that. And I kept thinking; yeah, I always go looking for new music. New songs to fall in love with. And sometimes I go back to old favorites. This was before I thought of music being a metaphor. And then I just had an epiphany. I just, yeah. I think half of the time I don’t even make any sense. So I’m very sorry that this might be confusing. And bullshit.

high·fa·lu·tin – pretentious, fancy.
This is my new favorite word, with exception of Saiorse. But that is Irish, so it doesn’t count. Also, I kind of have a list of favorite words. I probably have a list for everything (quotes, fanfiction, words, etc). I searched up the word “askew” on Google, because it is also a favorite of mine. And suddenly my Google was askew, at which I was really fascinated and decided to run downstairs and tell my siblings. I didn’t shout it out immediately, I just picked up the iPad and tried Googling it (it didn’t work on iPad, so it probably won’t work on anything else than computers). And my brother was mumbling “so much drama”. And as I was panting (because my stamina is lacking) whilst typing in “askew” on the iPad, I looked up at the television in question, because there was nothing dramatic on the telly. “What drama?” I proceeded asking my brother, the iPad long forgotten. He sighed and didn’t answer, so I repeated my question. “Well, you came running downstairs with a thud and you were panting – a very dramatic entrance, if you ask me”. And then I remembered the reason why I had come running downstairs – askew. And I told them about it, well, mainly my younger sister who was eating pizza. My sister told me that it’s the same with other words too in utter lack of fascination. So I turned to my brother, who was looking at his computer screen with a smile on his face. And I was like, “well, you should all try it anyways”, and ran back upstairs.

So there you have it my friends, I am fascinated by small things. And I don’t think that’s a stupid thing either. I think people should be fascinated by small things. By things that we think are expected to be. I’m going to insert one of my favorite quotes by Jostein Gaarder (The Solitaire Mystery): “How terribly sad it is that people are made in such a way that they get used to something as extraordinary as living”. Also, I’m pretty sure I read something similar in one of Jostein Gaarder’s novels – it was something about people losing their childish imagination and fascination. Like how children can be awed by looking at cars. And they babble things like “Look at that car! It’s so big” with eyes wide and mouth open in fascination. And the grown-ups will be like “Yes, yes, it is indeed big. Now come along” in a hurried and un-caring voice as they grab the child’s hand and tag them along to wherever.

Also – a new weird fact about me: except for television shows and movies I’ve already watched, I now find it weird when people speak with an American accent. Well, anything but British. And this is really confusing my mind, because whenever I do speak English, I don’t know whether I should be speaking with a British or American accent. Oh god, I’m planning on reading The Hobbit, and now I just tried reading a bit out loud in an American accent. And it didn’t work, because I kept on going all British. Well, I am never speaking English out loud ever again (that is utter bullshit; “never say never” ala the philosophic of Bieber). I hope you’ve had a lovely day at school or work or whatever, whilst I’ve been in bed sleeping most of the time. Insert evil laughter. Right, onwards with life! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar