lørdag 6. april 2013

I'm the sort of person that spends a huge amount of time thinking. Doesn't really matter what I'm thinking about - whether it's a he, she or it. I just do. Like now, I was just reminiscing back to last year, when I was still in "high school/secondary school/whatever" and I attended this particular class. And this particular class was quite a bit out of my comfort zone. I was just discussing with my Belieber friend yesterday, and I told her that I highly dislike talking about politics. And thing is - that class was a lot of politics. And it even ended up as one of my favorite subjects and the class where I felt I'd learned a huge amount. Thing is, I wasn't supposed to attend that class. I wanted to attend an English class focused on reading literature  as it's one of my biggest love's in this world. But because there weren't nearly enough appliers (applicants?), the school wouldn't fund the class. And so my dreams were shattered - because it was the one think I was looking forward to. It happened to be my math teacher who broke the news, because he was the head of organising classes and such. And I loved that teacher, because he made me love math, and he was an excellent teacher in general. But in that moment I could barely look him in the eye. I was absolutely furious and bristling with unshed tears. I think I remained rather silent for the rest of the day. 

Because I didn't get to attend that class, I had to decide on another, and all the alternatives looked horrible to me - and nothing in my interest. So, basically I just pointed at the one that looked remotely interesting - human geography. And I'm so grateful for it, and I'm glad things happened the way it did. Otherwise I wouldn't have learned as much as I did. Yes, it would be wondrous to read books and discuss them in groups - but somehow I don't think it would enlighten me. It wouldn't necessarily be new information. And human geography was enlightening - it made me think of things I didn't even realise had any say in anything. If you didn't understand the lines, "this particular class" is human geography.

The point about this rant, is that sometimes things happen. And I'm not going to say things happen for a reason, but I will say that sometimes (more than often) those happenings have a really great outcome. You just don't realise, because you don't really think about it. You never do think about how your choices impact you. It's just life, innit? It's weird, because I genuinely think I'd be a different person, had it not been for human geography. It's a bit like change. It's not necessarily a pleasant thing, but it's inevitable, and most of the time it's a good thing. It's just that people often like to clamber onto the known, because they fear the unknown. In Rise of Nine, I found a most lovely quote: "A wise man once told me that only by leaving someone good, can you meet someone better". And well, although the possibility of meeting someone worse is there too, it doesn't mean one shouldn't follow that advice. Alright, that's the lecture for today folks. Have a lovely Saturday!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar