mandag 23. juni 2014

lights go down, and the night is calling to me

A week ago, I woke up early so I could do a bit sightseeing at a place called Gamla Stan in Stockholm. It's known for being one of the largest and best preserved medieval city centers in Europe. I suppose it's in it name, isn't it? Gamla Stan translates directly to Old Town, and it's where Stockholm was founded in 1252. Because it was an early Monday morning, most of the people out and about were the residents of Stockholm, travelling to work and whatnot. And it was nice, because it gave me a proper picture of what Stockholm is like without all the tourists. I was walking around with music in my ears, and just absorbing everything. It was a shorter walk than I had imagined, because I had suddenly walked down to Skreppsbron and Slussen. I'm guessing it would be a lot more nosy if I had walked there later, because then the stores would be open, and the tourists would be milling about. So I'm glad I took the trip early, because it let me properly have a look at the architecture. I fell in love with all the small alleys of course. Today is a whole week from then, and it seems so far away already. I've got work today, and I can't say I'm really looking forward to not lounging in the sofa. But hey, it's not a completely full day, and I've got the next few days off, so I can spend it with my siblings. There was nothing on telly this morning when we were having breakfast, so I just ended up on the Scooby-Doo movie, and to my surprise, my siblings were actually watching it. (Hashtag never grow up). Tomorrow I'm supposed to be driving with my dad, which sigh. I agreed to it, only because my parents are leaving on Wednesday, so it'll be my last opportunity to drive with my dad for weeks. I think the days are moving far too quickly, though it also feels like I've had holidays for ages. I keep looking at my schedule, thinking it'll be far away before school starts up again, but it's not really. Oh, and as we were watching footie yesterday, my sister pointed out to me that the previous World Cup was when we were in China. And it's funny how much has changed since then. I remember walking through stores, and almost everyone would be playing Waving Flag. It's so good, that song. Anyway, I've actually got to go get ready now. Have a great Monday x. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar