onsdag 18. juni 2014

Midnight memories. Baby you and me, stumbling in the street singing

After spending Friday packing, I took the train to Sugar where the whole kilo-gang was gathered. And we did the stupid mistake of staying up too late. It didn't occur to me until I was tucked into the bed, that his was our first sleep over together. And I exclaimed this excitedly to the others. I think I woke up at 4:20 am, and I don't want to know when I actually fell asleep. But it's safe to say that we were all very tired when we arrived at the airport. My head felt very heavy, and I was hoping that I'd fall asleep during the plane ride, which I didn't. Because we had an early plane, we couldn't immediately check in at our hotel room. We put our luggage in storage boxes, before we walked the few metres to Drottningsgatan, a big shopping street where we sat down at a cafe. I was thinking to myself "how the hell am I going to enjoy a concert when I'm this tired?". When my belieber friend and I arrived in our hotel rooms, it was almost like we'd never seen a hotel room. We were saying things like: "oh my god, look, they've got a telly!". That's how enthusiastic we were. But the thing is that it was the two of us who decided on the hotel-- HTL Kungsgatan. And it's a completely new hotel, only opened back in May. We booked hotel reservations before they had even opened the hotel. So of course we were a bit sceptical, at least I was. But once I got inside the room, I was so excited to see the room. We already knew it would be small, but it was actually bigger than I had expected. But the thing with small rooms, is that the design is more interesting, because they have to fit everything inside the room. "HTL Kungsgatan is the smart and affordable option compared to traditional hotels in Stockholm. HTL gives you a boutique hotel experience at an affordable price. Our rooms are smaller, but they’re also smarter. By paying attention to every detail, we pack lots of quality into our rooms. This means you pay less for a great experience". I think they were really on trend, because they had incorporated white marble bedside tables, and the lamp above the bed, where I was lying, was copper. And those two things are very in fashion in interior trends. I tried explaining this to my belieber friend, who I'm not sure was listening to any of my rambles. After settling in (lying on the bed for a bit, taking pictures, changing my top), we headed outside again. Somewhere in between I asked my belieber friend if it would be such a smart idea to be drinking alcohol when we were all so tired. In the end we agreed that this would be a weekend of making bad decisions for our health. It's probably why when I got home on Monday, I walked around like a zombie. And I slept until noon the next day, still tired when I woke up. Usually I always get a bit depressed whenever I get home from travelling. I was still tired yesterday, so it wasn't very apparent. Not until I saw the footie match between Brazil and Mexico on telly yesterday. Not until this morning when I woke up, and I looked at my phone and it was 11:11. Not until I was eating my breakfast all by my own. So, maybe, I'm not post-travel depressed, but I'm sad because I miss spending 24/7 with my friends. Soz I'm going to be posting about our trip forever (or like, until I stop being sad about being home). 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar