lørdag 17. november 2012

I’ll protect you from the hooded claw, keep the vampires from your door. When the chips are down I’ll be around with my undying death defying love for you

As I walked home in the rain today, I saw people running past me, shielding beneath their umbrellas and whatnot, trying to avoid getting wet. Sometimes I am one of those people too. Other times I am the person who watches in amusement, letting the raindrops hit my skin, uncaring about getting wet. And sometimes I'll look up to the grey and dull sky, and let the raindrops hit my face. Just because I like the feeling of it, and because I feel like it. And because I'm listening to the right music. And that person was me today, enjoying the rain. It's becoming Christmas, though signs of snow are pretty much non-existent. As I was walking to the postal office today, the mall was filled with people. It is not so weird considering it is a Saturday. And the fact that it's nearly December. Nevertheless, I was a bit shocked when I saw people carrying around bags filled with Christmas presents. I used to be early with gifts too. But nowadays, it seems like the days just flies past me. And I wonder: is this how it is to grow up? And I think that yes, Peter Pan, you chose wisely. Because if growing up means the days pass you before you even know it, then I don't want to grow up. Saturdays has become my "in bed all day"-day. Alone with my thoughts. And I have indeed done nothing productive today, other than writing a new letter. That was actually quite productive, seeing as it is a letter I've been struggling to write for weeks now. But it just came down on me, how easy it really was. And how complicated I had made it. Like untangling threads from a lump. I suppose sometimes easy is the way to go. I have decided to make a playlist containing both my favorites by Einaudi and Marianelli. It is the perfect combination for a walk in the dark. Makes your breath hitch a bit, and your heart beat faster, and puts a smile on your face. I ended up crying quite a bit yesterday, while watching Grey's Anatomy. All of a sudden, it just dawned on me that this is the last season. And as pathetic as it sounds, I was reminiscing back to all the characters that now are gone. I suppose it didn't just dawn on me without a reason. It was when Meredith pointed out all the memories her old house wore to Karev. And when Yang startled Karev. And it just brought out a smile whilst the tears were still rolling. Hot and fresh. I salute Shonda Rhimes, because she can make me laugh and cry in the same moment. I am currently listening to The Power of Love by Gabrielle Aplin. And it's so lovely. And oh so pure. It's a bit like when you listen to a song and you don't want to sing along, because your voice is calloused. And you don't want to take away the pureness. For the rest of the night, I think I am going to make a few Christmas cards actually. And write a few letters. And if I am productive enough, I might also do some anatomy. Though I highly doubt that will ever happen. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar