tirsdag 6. november 2012

the perks of being a wallflower


"I didn't feel like reading that night, so I went downstairs and watched a half-hour-long commercial that advertised an exercise machine. They kept flashing a 1-800 number, so I called it. The woman who picked up the other end of the phone was named Michelle. And I told Michelle that I was a kid and did not need an exercise machine, but I hoped she was having a good night. That's when Michelle hung up on me. And I didn't mind a bit". 


I haven't studied at all today. And I did actually start painting, though the idea of me becoming an artist and painter has long sailed the ship. I was painting the birthday-card, and a little painting I called "Winter Nights". But as I said, I have long ago discarded the idea of becoming a painter. And that's for a reason. I cannot paint. Even if I didn't study today, and rather chose to read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I don't feel too bad about it. Because finally, I've read a book. Not a bloody fanfiction, but a novel. And I think it's my new favorite book. But then again, I have lots of favorite books. It's just so incredibly relatable. I wanted to gift my sister with this book for Christmas, but apparently she only wants a map. And I told her that I had planned to give this novel to her. I think we have a relationship where we bond over books. And I just found it really ironic now, as I'm reading the description to the movie on IMBD: "An introvert freshman is taken under the wings of two seniors who welcome him to the real world". You see, my sister was just trying to explain to me what an introvert was, after having painted "a lone wolf" for art class. I suppose I'll have to rub it in her face, and force her to read it now. I wish I had a teacher that kept giving me books to read, that would be amazing. And god, I have a feeling I'm going to become that aunt that gifts novels only. And all my nephews and nieces are going to loathe my presents, and rather wish for money. But their parents will force them to say thank you and smile, rather than frowning. The quote is one of my favorite parts of the novel. I cannot decide what's my favorite part, because it's so witty and fun and sad, and everything. And I love how Charlie is all awkward. And I hate that I have not come across this novel before, seeing as it was published when I was seven. But then again, I think it's the perfect timing, because I don't think it would be as relatable as it is to me now. I'm going to watch the movie tomorrow. I should probably be worried about school, and how my exam will be on Wednesday. But to be honest, I feel too happy at the moment. And somehow it all feels a bit less important. And I really don't know any longer if I care enough about failing in school. And that should scare me. I am also going to make a music list tomorrow, containing all the songs in the novel. God, it feels so nice having a "break" from One Direction. I decided yesterday that I hated my obsession with them, and so I complained to my sister and asked her why in the hell she had to introduce me to them. And so I decided to hate them from now on, but then I realised I have a ticket to their concert next year, and it would be really sad to stand there looking all glum in between all the screaming teenagers. So I've decided to not hate them yet. Right, I'm off to bed now. And I'm going to force all my friends to read the novel. Whether they want it or not.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar