lørdag 24. november 2012

My bones ache, my skin feels cold. And I'm getting so tired and so old

I reckon I might have to explain this drawing to you. The quote is from Skins, a British television show. A conversation between Sid and Cassie from the first cast. And the slugs? You probably won't understand unless you watch Skins yourself. But this quote and scene is one of my absolute favorites. And it makes me really really excited for next years Skins. Effy and some others are back, and I hope it will be wonderful.

I love my dad. Sometimes he will buy food for me. Of course he buys food, how will I survive otherwise? What I meant is that he notices things I like without asking me. He buys loads of bananas because he knows I enjoy them. And he buys my favorite cereal when he sees I've run out of it. And he buys me pasta, because he knows I love it. And he buys me avocados because he knows I like to put it in my pasta. And I know he buys them for me, because I am the only one in the family who likes them. And it makes my heart swell a bit, because it is my dad. And these things are the proof to a humans capability to both be strong and soft at once.

Yesterday I wrapped the first Christmas present this year. And I stuck on one of those cards I made last week. And I just thought about where the Winter has gone. And, but, but, this is Norway. And it is the end of November and soon December. And, and, where is the snow? I feel like Cindy Lou Who from The Grinch, standing by her window singing "where are you Christmas, why can't I find you? Why have you gone away?".

Today I slept until very very late, because I stayed up very late yesterday. However, I have actually done some schoolwork, and started editing this story I am writing. I have decided to do it properly, the writing that is. These days I really try to avoid looking at the calendar in hope I will not freak out because of lack of time to study. However, we are doing a paper in groups (yes, groups, but just in two this time), and the theme is actually really interesting. I've even sat down and read about it just now. Later I am heading to a friend and sleeping over, because I have not seen her in ages. Two months I think. I need to go take a shower and pack my things now.

But before I go, I will recommend you to listen to Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol. Because I have once again fallen in love with a new song, and I think that maybe my love for Snow Patrol is increasing quite rapidly. So happy Saturday to you, and you, and you.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar