tirsdag 13. november 2012

I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl

Holy crap. It's like seventeen tracks on this limited edition of Take Me Home, right? And now it seems like there is some kind of deluxe album, where it's three other new tracks, which adds up til' twenty songs. And what is really surprising to me, is that two of these "extra" tracks are possibly two of my favorites. I am possibly a bit overwhelmed right now, seeing as I'm so tired I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, and the fact that I'm just a bit overjoyed too. But here it goes, this will be my list of favorites from this new album. The order of songs won't have anything to say. I'm sure these favorites will switch from time to time, but there are a few I'm quite certain will stay favorites of all times.

Little Things. Alright, so order might have some to say when it comes to this song. Because I think it's my absolute favorite. I love it mostly because of the lyrics actually. And I think I've admitted to liking songs simply because of their lyrics. If I let you know I'm here for you. Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you. I might be a bit biased, choosing the lyrics from Niall's solo. But the truth is, that this sentence kind of sums up the whole song. And it's like Ed Sheeran (the man behind the song) knows. Like, he knows the exact thing to say. Everyone has a tendency to be self-critical, and it's just nice to hear that - yes, you don't actually have to be a barbie doll to be loved. And that it's you they add up to. We're all made of flaws. Remember that when you're criticizing yourself - whether it's something physical or mental. And then I've just got to mention that all the boys sing this song so beautifully live as well, and the fact that Niall and Harry always have to look at each other during the little duet they have. Narry feels. Oh god, I've listened to this song about 400 times. Not even a joke.

C'mon, C'mon. I'm not quite sure if it will be a short-lived romance between me and this song. But it's a song that makes me happy and jump around like crazy in front of the mirror in the bathroom whilst brushing my teeth in the morning. Wow, long sentence. Anyways, it reminds me of an episode where a guy said "I've been watching you all night", to which I found creepy and brushed him off. And the fact that One Direction actually sing the same sentence .. well, first time I heard the song I had a laugh attack. And now I cannot listen to this song without thinking back to that stuffed and warm club.

Rock Me. This song I know for sure is a short-lived romance. It's a song I'll grow tired of quite soon. But at the moment I adore it. Simply because of this line: I want you to hit the pedal, heavy metal, show me you care. It's just something about the way Niall sings the line. Not necessarily the lyrics, but it's the melody, and how his voice changes during the sentence. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just something. And then it's just the fact that I'm certain the song should be named Fuck Me. Do excuse my language, but just listen to it and read the lyrics, and then tell me I'm wrong. Can you imagine? One of the lads asking you to "rock them". Eh .. (coughs).

Truly, Madly, Deeply. I just heard this off the "deluxe album", which I did not know excisted, on Tumblr an hour ago. And lads. Lads, I truly, madly, deeply, fell for it. I don't actually know what I think of the song. I'm actually very fond of the verses and the bridge, but I'm not too fond of the chorus. I think it kind of ruins a bit of the song. But I guess that's something individual. I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl. And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world. God, my breath hitched a bit as I heard dear Nialler sing this line. It's just simply perfect, and possibly my favorite line out of all the new One Direction songs actually. But it doesn't stop there. Cause here's the tragic truth; if you don't feel the same, my heart would fall apart if someone said your name. This is one of Zayn's lines actually. And you can't not help but flutter a bit whilst he sings it. And then Liam sings beautiful lyrics too. I won't write them, simply because I might just post the whole song lyric when it's posted somewhere on the internet. I'm just too darn lazy to write down the lyrics. And if Nialler, Liam or Zayn hasn't won you over yet, Louis will. I hope I'm not a casualty. I hope you won't get up and leave. I might not mean that much to you, but to me, it's everything. Yeah, I think this is my second favorite after Little Things. It's quite tough competition between these actually.

Irresistible. This I've just heard. But it reminds me of sunsets on summery days, midnight swims, and star gazing - and other sweet things. I am very fond of "slow" songs, which is why I'm pretty sure I'll grow tired of C'mon, C'mon and Rock Me. And I don't understand why they've chosen to put both Irresistible and Truly, Madly Deeply on the "extra", because I think they are bloody brilliant. And to be truthful, I really fell for this song because of the simplicity. Not too much of instruments that takes away the focus from the lyrics and the voices. It's simple. And I enjoy simple. And then it's the lyrics too. It's in your lips, and in your kiss. It's in your touch and your fingertips. And it's in all the things and other things that make you who you are and your eyes. Irresistible. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar