torsdag 1. november 2012

watch me fall down to earth

"Life is short. There is no time to leave important words unsaid". I think this was on my mind when I sent my sister her birthday card today. It wasn't a very ordinary birthday card. But to be fair, I never really write ordinary birthday cards. I wrote it a while ago in a very emotional state, basically pouring out all feelings on a sheet. I never did mail it though, simply because I felt too exposed. Like someone stripped off my duvet. But I just mailed it today, and never looked back. I barely even read through it, because I knew it would make me cringe slightly, and not want to mail it. Right now I'm listening to Ed Sheeran. And god, it feels like I fall in love with his music every time I listen to it. It's been so much new music lately, I don't quite know what to listen to. I have all these playlists on iTunes - but I hate having too many, so naturally I'd delete the ones I'm tired of listening to. But now I've just been introduced to Little Things by One Direction, and then there's The Last Time and Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift. But I still love Youth by Daughter - it inspires me to write the most heart wrenching sob-love story every time I listen to it. And then there is Birds and Bees by Alex Johnson. And re:stacks by Bon Iver. And Cough Syrup by Young The Giant. And .. just a lot of good music. I've been procrastinating a lot lately, avoiding schoolwork. To be fair, I've done schoolwork - practicing for this practical test I have on Monday. But I've not done any schoolwork in the sense of reading and writing. And yesterday I decided that today, the first of November would be my official "get your act together" day. Yeah, I'm planning on doing so much schoolwork that I'll have a clear conscience on Friday when I plan to check out the new mall over here. But thus far, I've already wasted an hour and half on Tumblr and writing. I was listening to Turn and Turn Again by All Thieves, and it inspired me to write a sad and angsty One Direction drabble. However, the song ended, and Little Things by One Direction started, and I just found myself suddenly writing a fluffy love story. So now I'm stuck between choosing. And to be honest, I prefer sad and angsty stories, but I really wanted a happy ending. Because I write too much depressing things in my opinion. Maybe that's why I appear positive in real life? Because I get rid of all my negativity with writing? Actually - that might be it. Okay, now I really have to get going and start my "get your act together" day. Because I really don't have time to waste more time. It's November! My exams are in December. Fuck, I've got a bit more than a month to study anatomy. And that's not even all. Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar