fredag 9. november 2012

there is no substitute for time

This is the card I sent for my sisters birthday. She turns 29 today - 10 years older than me. And she just happens to have her birthday on a 9th, which I also do. What a coincidence. If it was night, I'd probably write something rubbish about how there really is no substitute for time, and how we all have to remember to make the best of it, because you won't get back the time you've spent feeling sorry for yourselves. It is true though. But I'm not in my "deep" mode just yet. I got the new One Direction album today. I must admit that I was a bit surprised when the lady at the check out pulled out their single and a poster out of nowhere, and threw it in my bag. I was a bit like uh, I was just going to buy the album, thank you very much. But she just explained how it was free and that I should come by next week when they start selling the One Direction book. It's a nice Christmas present, she said. I just smiled and decided to not tell her that I've already got it. But yeah, now I've got like five different Live While We're Young on iTunes. I bought the single when it was first available on iTunes, and I got two remixes along as well. And then we have the one on the CD, and lastly the single itself. It was a bit funny actually, because back in the days (yes, I've nearly lived for two decades, and therefore I am entitled to use that line) I used to go and buy singles only. But then one day they just stopped selling them, and then I didn't buy them anymore. So I was a bit surprised to see that I got one today. Anyways, I am looking forward til' tonight, because I'm finally going to watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But my instincts are telling me that I will be disappointed. Because when have you ever seen a movie that's better than the book itself? At least I don't think I have. And I am a bit skeptical to the cast. And I also secretly wish that they were British, and not American. Oh well, I'll report back to you about how it was. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar