onsdag 14. august 2013

I'm a lucky man, maybe I should play the lotto

I've currently got a sleeping dog in my lap. My nephew David is asleep, after a rather tiresome attempt of getting him to take his nap. I'm pretty sure I'm not fit to be a parent-- I just don't have the energy. We'll see how long he's asleep. I'm babysitting him today. And tomorrow. And on Saturday night. My younger sister went home today, and I find myself looking over to tell her something that I find funny, and then she's not there. I'm quite used to be at my eldest sister alone-- but I'm always the one who ends up having to join in on a family dinner with Grepper's family. It's not that I mind that much, because I love his family. It's just-- I'm the only one from my family, and it's not like it's my in-laws. It's my eldest sisters. But I feel like I spend way too much time with them for what's supposedly normal. I'm watching Youtube videos via the television, as I've been too lazy to even turn on my computer. But I think I'm going to sit outside and enjoy the sun? The sky is overcast, but it's been raining the last days, so this is basically nothing. Yesterday my younger sister and I went into town and did a few tourist-y things like walking up Storhaugen, Aalesund to see the view. We also walked the 418 stairs up to Fjellstua, Aalesund. We met quite a few British and Spanish people. Holy shit! I just saw a little child walking outside in my sister's garden, and I almost had a heart attack. I thought it was David, and I couldn't understand how he'd managed to get from his bed to the garden. Goodness gracious. Anyway, might I inform you my sister and I both are scared of heights. So, walking up 418 stairs on wet (it was raining) stone stairs was a bit scary. The walk down was probably worst, because then we sort of had to look down. We were walking behind this British couple, who I suspect were about 50. And the woman told us that we could pass them if we wanted to, because they were going so slowly. And I was like "oh no, it's absolutely fine! we're scared of heights too". They we're such a lovely couple, and I stopped to take some pictures for them. And they offered to take a picture for us too, but we had already taken a picture. It's funny, because at 10:00 am, the whole city (Aalesund) was full of tourists. And almost no locals. Anyway, we took the boat home at 12:30 am. Which means we managed to go from the boat to Storhaugen to Fjellstua, to Aalesund shopping center, and sat down in a cafe and had hot chocolate and muffins in a total of 2,5 hours. We went home to eat, and then my sister and David came home shortly after. We went to Devold fabrikken, which basically is an outlet that sells various things for a reduced price. I tried on a really pretty dress for my sisters wedding. I've been trying on dresses for awhile now, but it seems like all dresses are doesn't want to fit me. This however, fit me perfectly. The only problem is that it did just fit me perfectly, and it was a bit hard breathing. Meaning, if I do buy it, and I go up in weight for next year, it wont fit me. It felt so awkward trying it on, because my sister dragged me out of the dressing room to see in the big mirror, which was a good thing because the lighting was better there. However, suddenly the employees in the store came over, and of course my eldest sister happens to know everyone who also came over to look at the dress. And I was standing in the dress, feeling a bit bare because of all the eyes. You know I hate staring, right? Well, yeah. I think I might go try it on another time today. After trying on the dress, we went to the cafe, which is so prettily furnished. Ahh, the architecture over here is so pretty. Alright now I've got to go, because the sun is out, and the dogs are begging to go outside too. See you in a bit x.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar