mandag 19. august 2013

we'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky 'cause we got the fire

Before I went home yesterday, I decided to go to the beach. I've actually not been there since before David was born. And whilst I was walking towards the beach, it was actually raining a bit. Hence my wellies. I was a bit worried it would start pouring down, because I did not bring my umbrella. It did rain quite a bit, but since I somehow have the weathergods on my side, the sky started clearing up. And out came the sun. For a minute or two I actually wanted to go swimming. But the logic in me decided I would simply not have the time to go for a swim. But christ, isn't it just beautiful? I think I walked around on the beach for 45 minutes, just listening to Bon Iver, Sleeping At Last and The Paperkites. Just drinking in the nature again. I was awoken at 8:30 am by David's screams yesterday. And half an hour later my sister came inside my bedroom with him in toll. She went to bed again, seeing as she was probably a bit hungover from Saturday's fun. David and I sat in bed watching a bit of Youtube. I'm trying to influence him to like Youtube, and so far he seems very positive. After a bit I thought it was too chilly in the guestroom for him, so I went to change his diaper and clothing. And then we ate breakfast at 10:00 am, and he ate about three slices of bread and drank about 300 ml with milk. Haha, very accurate details-- that's the thing about being a nursing student. When I'm babysitting David, I always make a mental note of how much he eat and drinks, as well as how much he poops and pees. I honestly don't see the problem with changing diapers on babies. In my opinion it's nothing against changing old people's diapers. Anyway, since I've been trying to make David like Youtube, we've been watching a few things on Youtube via the telly. To my and my younger sister's surprise, he actually really enjoys The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction. We've watched both episodes quite a few times now. His favorite is a song about animals that makes him start dancing-- if you can call stomping around and waving his arms around dancing. He also likes a song about brushing your teeth. I've listened to these songs so many times, I've started humming them myself. I told Grepper and my eldest sister that I was a bit worried I'd start humming them whilst sitting at a lecture. I did in fact start humming the "brushing teeth" song last night when I was brushing my own teeth. Anyway, at 11:00 am Grepper and my sister woke up and started getting ready to go for brunch at the same place as last night, seeing as there were so many leftovers. I ate my fair share of pasta as usual, and then I ate cake. After chatting around with Grepper's family, I went to help with the washing in the kitchen. Might as well make myself to use. After a bit, Grepper came to say that they were going to the fire station because (oh get ready) the husband of one of Grepper's sisters works as a fire man. And David loves cars and whatnot. So we basically got a tour of the fire station and the fire trucks. It was rather awesome. When we got home my sister said: "you've actually gotten to see a lot on this trip, haven't you?". And I thought yes-- I've been in the city to see the tourist-y things, I've been to beautiful Alnes, I've climbed the mountains, I've seen the beach, etc. It's odd coming home to sun, and the late summer, when it was already autumn in Aalesund. It's like I don't quite know what to wear. I skipped today's lecture, because I got home so late last night, and I didn't have enough time to shower and unpack my luggage and still be in bed at a reasonable time so I'd get enough sleep for the lecture. It appears that I've got "praksis" already next Monday. It's basically the time a person in education is out in the profession or work before the person is finished with the education. That's a really shitty explaination-- but it's when I go to "work" at a place where nurses works in order to gain experience and learn. Luckily I was assigned a place very close to my home, but I wish it wasn't this soon. I'd quite like to get to know my new classmates and everything. But I guess you can't always have everything you want, and sometimes things work out much better than you expect. So I'll just be positive. I've dedicated this day for errands, but I hate doing errands, and I've already had to postpone one of the things I need to do. But alright, I've got to go now. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar