lørdag 17. august 2013

sing me to sleep, I don't want to wake up on my own anymore

Oh dear, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be singing nursery rhymes when I get home. Anyway, I'm currently munching on some chocolate and a cup of tea whilst browsing my Tumblr dashboard, as I've not been on Tumblr for days. Actually, I've not been on my computer since the last time I blogged? But I'm going home tomorrow, so I suspect my blogging habits will return to normal. I'm trying to remember what I've been doing the last days, but as you know I have a really bad memory. On Thursday I was babysitting David whilst Grepper and my eldest sister were at work. When they got home we got changed and packed up things for a BBQ on the mountain. We hiked up to Vonhytta, which is a bit longer than Blaafjell, where I hiked up on Wednesday with my eldest sister. It was actually freezing, because the temperature was low at 8:00 pm. But the sky was blue, so we headed up after my sister had been at work as a fitness instructor. Honestly, my eldest sister is ten years older than me, but most likely a lot fitter than me. We had a yogurt when we got to the top, and we were lucky enough to get there when the sun was setting. Honestly breathtaking. And for a minute I thought that maybe I should move back here. But only for a minute. It's just the weather. It's always the weather-- In a total of 7 days, there have been 2 great days (meaning sun almost throughout the day). It's been raining loads, but it's not really that big of a surprise. Anyway, in order to get some warmth in us, we jogged most of the way back to the little shortcut. It was really refreshing jogging-- I just felt so incredibly happy and like everything was okay. It's not a shortcut for beginners. It's rather steep with slippery stones. It's a great work out, but I'm always very hesitant down those stones, because I'm so clumsy I mostly always end up wiggling my foot. And you should be careful, because you can risk falling head down on big stones and break your skull or something. Back to Thursday-- because the sky was blue and the sun was out, we (my eldest sister, Grepper, David and I) hiked up to Vonhytta and had a BBQ for dinner. Shortly after we started our meal, though, the sky turned overcast, and all the little bugs started coming over. We ended up packing up rather quickly because the bugs were literally eating us all up. I've got four bites (that I know of), and David has bites all over his face, poor little guy. When we got home, I literally jumped in the shower for five minutes, and then we were off to the hair salon my sister works at sometimes, and we met up with one of Grepper's sisters and her daughter. Both Grepper's sister and I was getting our hair colored and cut. Albeit I didn't really cut my hair that much. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with my hair, because I did just color it a month ago. But my sister suggested we'd just recolor it, and that's basically what I've done. We weren't done until 11:00 pm, so we ate our bowls of noodles when we got home. I think I did a bit of reading of Man and Wife by Tony Parsons. And then I went to bed. On Friday we went back to Devoldfabrikken. We went to the shops we didn't go to on Tuesday, and then I went to Moods of Norway to try on the dress again. I ended up buying it, so now I'm really hoping I'm not going to gain a lot of weight to next year. It's going to stay here at my sisters, as there's no reason for me to drag it along home. The reason why I wasn't sure whether to buy it or not, was because it's rather pricey, and the dress is made with a material that is very easily ruined. So if it's actually worth the money, I'm not quite sure of. But I just thought it was really pretty, and it did fit me perfectly. And I'm just too lazy to try finding anything. Now I can just cross that off my list. We went to have lunch in the cafeteria like the last time, and the furniture still fascinates me. Other than the dress, I bought myself a cup. I'm a cup collector. And basically, that's the only things I've bought (apart from food and boat tickets, etc) on this trip. When I've bought less than my younger sister, I know I've bought little. It's not that I'm broke, but whenever I go to buy anything, I've started asking myself whether I actually need it. And I always end up thinking "right, I don't actually need this, and I should probably spend my money wiser". I used to buy loads of things before-- when I was younger I even spent every weekend at the shopping mall (and more). Anyway, we ended up watching Mud last night, and it was nice I suppose. But I didn't exactly understand the message with the movie. Today I slept in, meaning I slept one hour more than usual. After David's nap, we went to Fjellstua, Aalesund. It was my second time this week, but my eldest sister and Grepper haven't been there since they first brought my youngest sister and I to Fjellstua. And that's years ago. Also, it turns out that my eldest sister has never climbed the 418 stairs up to Fjellstua before. You can drive up the mountain, which was what we did today. Grepper hasn't climbed the stairs for about 12 years. Whereas Grepper, David and my eldest sister sat inside the cafeteria, I was standing outside drinking in the view whilst listening to The Paperkites and Bon Iver. It's the most lovely feeling just drinking in the view of spectacular mountains and the city of Aalesund. When we first arrived, we saw all these balloons in the sky, and it was just really beautiful. I probably stood  by the railings by myself for half an hour, before my sister called me to inform me that we were leaving. We had a rather tight schedule, as we were attending Grepper's grandmother's 85th birthday. But we went by Moa shopping center, before we drove the way back home. I did ask my sister if she didn't find it odd for me to spend so much time with Grepper's family. She responded with a shrug. It was perhaps the most awkward thing ever, and it's the second time I've been mistaken to be my eldest sister. "Oh so you're Grepper's girlfriend?". Grepper and I'm simultaneously like "oh god, nooo". Basically, we were sitting at this bench-- Grepper, I and then my eldest sister. And then a man comes along and says "I don't think I've ever greeted you. So you're Grepper's girlfriend then?". This is when Grepper and I both groaned and said no. I also facepalmed, because this is the second time I've been mistaken. Anyway, I've now become acquainted with Grepper's aunts and cousins and whatnot. But basically, I was in a birthday party with a lot of older people. And I didn't know 90% of them. So, I was awkwardly following my sister around like a dog. And I was thinking my sister should have listened to me when I said that I could just stay home. Nevertheless, I did have a good time. We had a singalong to two songs of which I did not know the melody of. And the food was gorgeous-- loads of pasta too. And there was a lovely and humorous speech. I left before cake-time, because I was already stuffed, and it was way past David's bedtime. So I figured it was probably the best to go home to my sisters and put him to bed. He just woke up an hour ago and drank half a bottle of water. I could hear him screaming "water" on repeat. He was crying a bit on and off after that. But then I turned on the music via his baby monitor, and he fell asleep shortly after that. I've just been feeding Egon and Scott. For some reason, Scott is scared of everything. We suspect he might have been treated poorly by his earlier owners. He's even scared of the food bowl, so he'll literally pick up one piece of dog food and walk a meter away from the food bowl before he actually eats it. And then he does the same thing over again. This results in him eating very little and not very often. So whenever I do come over, or the dogs are over at my house, I try to feed Scott. From the corner of my eye I can see Scott and Egon both walking inside the guestroom where I sleep. They like to sleep in the sofa, something they're not actually allowed to do. I'm going to go do a bit of reading in the sofa so I can cuddle them. Ha, I give David the most attention when it's the day, and then the dogs get their attention when it's night. But first I need to check on David-o. I'll see you very soon. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar