mandag 11. mai 2015

let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater

I knew I'd tire of you. I just didn't expect that you would tire of me first. Nature calms me, I think it always will, hopefully. I opened up my curtains and discovered the rain on my window. Like a pavlovian act, I ran downstairs to get myself a cuppa. The window is slightly open to let in the sound and the smell. Also listening to this gorgeous cover of Sweater Weather. I took a few snaps, some blurry and some not. Blue is my favourite colour, and sometimes I wonder if I pick up blue things without being concious about it. On my wall above my bed I've got a map of Europe, a little picture of Big Ben that I picked up at some tourist-stand, a map over the metro-routes of Paris, and a drawing of some Kodaline-lyrics. I watched some artsy videos on Youtube, and it made me want to get a new disposable camera. I took an earlier train today, as it was a bit late. There were some troubles with the trains today, and I thought of all the people flying today. I've experienced it before; trains being delayed when I have a plane to catch. It makes you realise that there's very few alternatives to get to the airport. Anyway, I got to school earlier than I usually get to school, and I got some silent moments for myself, before a few people arrived and settled in chairs scattered around the cafeteria. Kiwi arrived in my eye-sight not too long after me, it felt. The day went by quicker than I can remember. It feels like I was just waking up now. I got very weary at the end of the day. I imagine I'm drained from this constant working on my thesis. I met with my teacher (or instructor) today, a bit wary of what she'd demand from me today, if I'd end up jittery and with red marks on my hands from scratching them. I was surprised to leave her office with only being questioned once. Oyster, who I met at the train station later said "so you got actual guidance then?". I really did. The past few days I've been a bit stressed out by the thought of the time I've got left to finish this monstrous thing, and I'm still waiting for the inevitable breakdown. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I better get started. But I think maybe I'm done for the day, don't think it'll be any fruitful working now. I am hoping that this week will be a good one, better than the last. I stumbled across a thing yesterday (via Tumblr). Someone questioned why we get so much more creative when we're tired, alas at night for most people. "When you're wide awake you have a stronger problem-solving and decision-making center, which is obviously related to self-critique. Being tired doesn't necessarily make you more creative and motivated, being tired forces you to quiet that part of yourself that holds you back". I sometimes tell myself or others to just write whatever pops into your mind. Don't edit it, and I guess it comes back to being too critical of your own work. Sometimes it's nice to just let it flow, then you can edit it later. I'd give you all the answers if you asked. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar