fredag 1. mai 2015

I saw your face in the crowd and you came out, just like the sun and the moon and the stars at night

My nail varnish is chipping, the weather is gloomy, I've just subscribed to get a "word of the day" e-mail each day, and there's still remnant of bird shit on my window. Welcome, Friday, welcome May! The flags are up and I get hit with a sense of pride for each flag I spot. As of late I've been writing a lot. Just not on my blog, it seems. In order to write, you have to think. And it's draining, so there's only so much you can write before you have to take a break from it. Yesterday I sent a message to my Tumblr-friend half asleep, and I think I did fall asleep for a minute after I'd sent it, so I wasn't actually sure I'd written it or sent it at all. The work on my thesis is going alright; could be better, could be worse. I have to actually read through my research articles now. I've put it off ever since I found them actually, because I'm scared I'll realise none of them will be relevant to my own thesis. Ah you know, I like to ignore problems sometimes, if I don't look, I won't find the problems lurking around. The past week has been a week of sleeplessness. Five days I woke up before my alarm clock. 3/5 of the days I woke up at 4:30 am, so that was great. On Wednesday I was almost tripping over my own feet on my way to school, and nothing made much sense. I suspected maybe I'd been having stressful dreams, because I have had two I remember, two I woke up because of. Luckily I actually slept seven hours last night, so I'm feeling fresh. I also had a proper breakfast with eggs and smoked salmon on toasted bread with a cup of tea. I've been yearning for smoked salmon for the past two weeks, so I went and got myself some smoked salmon at the grocery store yesterday. I wanted to go to a photography exhibition today, but I'd forgotten that it's a public holiday, though my belieber friend has reminded me multiple times. I'll go another day, though, there's time. I spoke with Lynx yesterday, she's been nesting more and more. I wonder if she realises it, probably does. It's weird to think that in a few days I'll have another nephew. Ah, the bus just drove past my window, and it's decorated with flags, made me smile. I'm going to remove my nail varnish now, let my nails breathe for a bit. Perhaps try to tame my brows, which I've let be untamed for the past weeks. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar