mandag 10. november 2014

now we got bad blood, it used to be mad love

Yesterday was a very erm, overwhelming day. After I posted my blogpost yesterday, I was sat with a few different tabs open: Youtube, Twitter and Tumblr. Youtube for the live stream, Twitter for updates about the live stream, and Tumblr for live commenting. They were about 15-20 minutes late, which was unsurprising, but those minutes were spent in utter frenzy, because I was paranoid it had already started without me noticing, so I kept refreshing everything. It's a miracle that my computer didn't die. I was quite excited of the prospect of having Ben Winston to ask them questions, as I thought he did good in the concert movie. At the ending of the live stream, Ben said Scott Mills was busy, hence why he did the interview. But I'm glad it was Ben, because he knows them, and therefore he sort of already knows what they'll not answer, but again he has the guts to ask the difficult questions as well. Also, he sort of directs the questions to all of the boys, which means all of them has to speak up at least once. One of the questions were about Taylor (Swift) writing songs about Harry, in which Harry answered: "it'd be hypocritical of us to be like oh, you can't write songs. AND she's really good so, they're good songs". That's very gentleman-y for him to say, but what I thought was the most important part of this, is that maybe some crazy Harry stans (overzealous maniacal fans for any celebrity or athlete) will actually listen to what he has to say, and stop criticise Taylor for it. I understand if you think I've become very defensive of Swift, and I'm not even going to deny it. I'm still peeved for the drama she caused when she and Joe (Jonas) broke up, but she was young, and she has changed since then. But I'm tired of reading comments about Taylor Swift that are filled with unwarranted hate against her. In fact, I'm tired of unwarranted hate against anyone. For example mr. Ben Winston. I've seen so much hate against him for what? And I've asked people, why do you hate him? And they just write: I just do. It frustrates me, which brings up a point in the interview, where Liam talked about hate on social media. He said that people forget that they are humans too, that they've got feelings just like anyone else. It's something that's been on my mind for a very long time, because I don't understand why people think it's alright to post blatantly unwarranted hate against anyone. If you're asked if you think bullying is alright, then most people would answer no. But what is the difference? As you might have understood by now, this annoys me greatly. Anyway, onto another happier subject. There was a lot of Narry (Niall and Harry) interaction in the interview. The times Niall hugged Harry, I didn't know whether I wanted to be Niall or Harry more. It warmed my heart to see the two of them, because they light up my world like nobody else. But seriously, they do actually make me happy most days. I'm very thankful for the big sofa that could fit all of them. It almost seemed a bit too big actually. Prefer them all squished together and in a constant hug. Anyway, Ben asked about their least favourite One Direction track, which I thought was brilliant. And the thing is that I think if it was another interviewer, they would probably just give a general answer about how they have grown musically, and therefore it's natural to have some songs they don't enjoy as much anymore-- then they would move on. Liam did give a general answer, but then he also answered the question, which I don't think he would with other people. Another thing that I became aware of after this interview, is that they are a lot more aware of things than I thought. I didn't realise that they spend so much time on Twitter like for example Niall. They just don't always tweet. It's like when Harry said that even if the fans have heard the leaked album, they'll still buy it. It made me laugh because I had just read a post about exactly that on Tumblr. I thought it was a great interview, and it surprised me a bit, because I felt very fond of Louis, which was a bit strange to me. Surely it means that the interview was good? Ha. After the interview, they posted an acoustic performance of Steal My Girl, then they had their pre-recorded performance of the song on X Factor UK. I actually had to lie flat on my bed for a minute or so, after the live stream and the acoustic performance of their new single, because I was so overwhelmed. It was a lot. Then I watched X Factor, where Only The Young and Jake Quickenden had to do sing off's against each other. Simon said they both did awful, which I wholly agree on. In the end it was Quickenden that had to go, which was quite sad. It's kind of awful to have watched the whole series from the start because you get so attached. Anyway, the fact that OTY ended up in the bottom two only makes my faith in Louis Walsh as a mentor diminish even more. I also managed to reveal for myself another contestant that leaves X Factor, which great. Argh. Right, I have to go post the birthday card to my sister today, then I might just pop into the shops. I was also going to do some reading before lectures, but who knows what I'll manage today. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar