tirsdag 31. juli 2012

food review

 1 Po Cha (56 St. Giles High StreetLondon WC2H 8LHEngland). 
As we were trying to find our hotel in London, we stumbled across the Asian part of London. And we decided to come back after finding our hotel. This little restaurant was filled with people all the time, and the atmosphere was quite amazing. Always laughter and chattering in the background. It is a Korean restaurant, with Korean dishes and Korean sake. But as Asian food can be quite similar, I found it very comforting to be eating Asian food in London. I didn't know whether to think I was in China because of this area, or in Paris because of the similarity between the tube and the metro. I was with other words a bit confused about my whereabouts.  The food can however be quite spicy. My sister commented before we went inside (we had to stand in a little queue because of all the people) "must be spicy, since everyone comes out looking all red in their face". And she was right. The first time we went, we ordered different dishes for ourselves. But at my birthday we just ordered a lot of different dishes and shared. That I can recommend. So if you're not too picky about food, and ready to try something different - I'd try Po Cha.
 
2. Nando's (2 Berners Street, London W1T 3LA, England).
My sisters and I was walking back from a day of Shopping in the famous Oxford Street. We were trying to find a place to eat, when my sister pointed at the Nando's sign. I couldn't help yelping yes, as I realised that I had heard about it before. From One Direction, mostly Niall Horan. My younger sister couldn't stop laughing at me, because she was the only one who knew why I wanted to try it. We were sat by a table by staff, and he showed us how Nando's worked, as it was our first time. And I must say: wow. The food was amazing. The chicken? Amazingly made. Not dry at all, and the chicken wings were just plain yum. I love a place called Egon here in Norway, and Nando's slightly reminded me of Egon. We only ate here once, though we were very satisfied. When I go back to London, this will probably be my first priority for eating. It was also a very nice atmosphere in Nando's with laughter and chatting in the background. And the place was very nice as well. 

3. Cafe Rouge (264 Tottenham Court Road, Greater London W1T 7RH, England)
As this cafe was placed right by our hotel, we chose to eat breakfast there. The staff was very friendly and helped us both with food (as the dishes were french) and how to get to places via the bus. Public transport can sometimes be confusing. We basically ate the same breakfast the two times we did eat breakfast. And I loved the English sausage, and the scrambled eggs as well. We also opted for Cafe Rouge to eat dinner at Gatwick Airport. And honestly? It could have been better. The staff was nice, though, even though it was stuffed with people. I personally thought that was impressing, because it isn't every day staff manages to keep a smile on their faces while they are stressing around. The dish I was served was a bit tasteless in my opinion. So I've made up my mind that this is a great place to have your breakfast, but not so great when it comes to dinner.
4. Pierre Victoire (5 Dean StLondon W1D 3RQEngland) 
This was another restaurant we just passed, and we decided to give it a try. It was a bit few people in the restaurant, which made me a bit skeptical. However, when we were served the dishes, I was quite amazed. With a very very very lovely appetizer and amazing main course, I was stuffed. And so we came back the next day, and the owner recognized us instantly. The whole staff was very friendly and made sure to say their goodbyes whenever we left. It felt really nice. Because of the location, I would think that this is a restaurant you go to if you've heard about it from a friend, or just because it's your favorite. I don't think it's the restaurant you just pop into. But I'm very glad we did. And it will always be one of my favorite places to eat, I think. The atmosphere was lovely here as well - I suppose we were kind of lucky with our choices of restaurants. Plus, I think everyone was a bit charmed by the "look" they had opted for. Old furniture, with candles in wine-bottles. It distinctly reminded me of the movie Under The Tuscan Sun. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar