fredag 23. mai 2014

eleanor & park

"Eleanor is the new girl in town, and with her chaotic family life, her mismatched clothes and unruly red hair, she couldn't stick out more if she tried. Park is the boy at the back of the bus. Black T-shirts, headphones, head in a book - he thinks he's made himself invisible. But not to Eleanor ... never to Eleanor. Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall for each other. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're young, and you feel as if you have nothing and everything to lose". Sometimes I'll go through a book shop, and I'll look at the different books to see if there's something that'll catch my attention. This book has been in the back of my mind multiple times, just because I've seen it so many times in the book shop, or whenever John Green writes something about it on his Tumblr. And I finally decided to read it. I firstly opened it yesterday as I was waiting for the train to arrive, and I was laughing at something when Sally sneaked up on me. "What's made you laugh?" she asked, as I tucked away the book for another lone moment. Reviews of the book says it's surprising, and it was. I told Ale this, when she asked me what I had in my plans for today. There's nothing worse than to read a book that's obvious, where you know what's going to happen before it happens. I had really high expectations to this book, due to three reasons: 1. John Green think's it's ace. 2. There's mix tapes involved. 3. It's supposedly a surprising novel. And well, now, after probably six hours with intense reading, I do love it. I've laughed quite a bit, snorted a few times, and now my face is sticky with dried tears as well. Thanks Rowell, for making me cry. And the characters-- I love both Eleanor and Park. It's hard not to fall in love with them, I think. But yes, top notch, this book. And it's the first I've read this summer holiday. Can't wait to read more by Rainbow Rowell-- I've already ordered two, ha. If you want to read a good book, I'd recommend it! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar