søndag 18. mai 2014

I love you when you're singing that song. And I got a lump in my throat 'cause you're gonna sing the words wrong

Lessons in life numero uno with me: When you are vacuuming, and spot your dusty looking computer-- do not underestimate the suction of the vacuum and try to remove the dust by vacuuming your computer. The vacuum might be a bit greedy and pull off the buttons on the keyboard. Which might mean you'll have to dig through the dust and crap your vacuum has accumulated. That is unless you decide you can live without the button for "M". Yesterday was a great day, and I think I might agree with Marble that it's my favourite day of the year. Or, well, I think it shares the first place with Christmas eve. 17th of May is Norways national day, and it's like the whole country turns into something else for a day. It's indescribable, and we were a bit amused by the tourists yesterday, because man-- Norway celebrates the national day like nobody's business. If the tourists weren't aware of it being the national day, they might go back to their homes and tell tales about the Norwegians in their strange clothing and songs and whatnot. I slept over at Marble's with Kiwi, and we had a good and deep chat about life decisions and problems. We went to bed quite early, which is almost unheard of to me when I'm at Marble's. Despite my wishes to fall asleep, I simply couldn't. I fell asleep at approximately 3:00 am, after listening to cats argue outside the window, and after tweeting "Sleep won't come no matter how much I toss and turn". It might have been related to the fact that I slept for eleven hours the day before, which I haven't done since forever. I woke up at 8:30 am, or so. We had a proper brekkie and watched the telly for a bit, before we got ready for the day. Then we had the champagne breakfast with cake and champagne. Once I have a glass of some kind of liquid in hands reach, it doesn't take long until I drink it up. And this might not be the best trait when it comes to alcohol. I've no idea how many glasses I drank, because Marble kept refilling my glass. But my goodness, pavlova is one of my all time favourite cakes, and Marble always make it so good. We went into town at 3:00 pm: I had an ice lolly, enjoyed a bit of the music, tried to absorb a bit of the atmosphere. And then we met up with Sugar, before we went to sit down. And well, during the whole day, we were sat at four different places. My belieber friend arrived when we got to the second place, where we all ate pizza. The others had a few alcoholic beverages (I drank one Gin Russian), and we sang along to different songs like Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey because it never gets old. I don't think I could compare this night to the last year's one, because they were so different (here's the blogpost from the last years celebrations, and here's the blogpost for the celebrations in 2012). But I am always happy when I get to be with some of my favourite people. And we always have such great laughs at the strangest things. It always does make me quite grateful to have such great friends who are all very unique and intriguing. And who accepts me for the person I am. Because it is actually something that not everyone gets to enjoy. The national day in general makes me quite grateful for most things, and especially the wonderful country I am lucky enough to live in. It's so easy to take for granted. Anyway, due to a dead battery on my phone, I woke up a bit later than planned today. Had breakfast whilst watching reruns of yesterday's celebrations on the telly, which made me a bit sad I didn't go to town early to catch all the shenanigans. But I was somewhat consoled by the chocolate cake I was eating whilst watching, ha. My dad had just been out with my sister, because she's currently learning to drive. And when he got home, he said: "come on, I saw an empty parking lot. Let's go practise". I had yet to wash my face, plus I was sat in my exercise tights and my sleeping shirt. Let's not even talk about my unruly hair. But I ignored all of that, ran to get my shoes on, and then my dad drove to the parking lot. And well, until this day, the closes I've ever been to driving a car, has been to change the gear for my sister. Whilst we were standing still and weren't in traffic. So to say my experience is limited, is quite sparse. Because the car we were driving has an automatic transmission, it was quite easy to get the hang of things. I actually drove to Marble's (!!!), because I was supposed to fetch all of my things. I had originally planned to jog to her house, so I had changed into my exercise clothing. But then my dad told me I should drive to her house, and well, I did. He's going to be so insufferable now, and try to get me to practise driving all the time. But to be honest, driving is a lot more fun than I had expected. I was only at Marble's house for five minutes or so, before we went for a little hike trough the woods. It was so nice, because the weather has been amazing today. And because Marble and I share a love for hiking and the nature. One day when one of us gets a driver license, we'll drive to different places in Norway and climb mountains and whatnot. It's one of my many dreams. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar