fredag 30. mai 2014

I need someone who understands. I need someone, someone who hears-- for you, I've waited all these years.


Sometimes I'll listen to a new song or an old one just before bed. Yesterday is was 'Til Kingdom Come by Coldplay at 1:30 am. The familiarity of the song made me a bit choked up, and the melody of it gave me associations to Christmas time. I've spent the past week wrapped up in music by Coldplay. And a bit of Sam Smith as well. Admittedly I've had a tiny break from him, just because I've been listening to Sam Smith songs on repeat since I first heard about him in January. But each time I see his music video for Stay With Me (or other songs) on the telly, the corners of my mouth cannot help but turn into a smile. I've just seen that one of his biggest inspirations for his début album was Maria Mena, which makes me love him even more. My father has awoken me far too early the past few days, and I've never felt more like a sixteen year old who has to be dragged out of bed. Ever since my sister has started learning to drive, my father has been engrossed in the idea of me learning as well. I could probably say no, try to go to bed again. But he has been going on about me getting a driver licence for the past three years (if not more), so I let him. I've spent the day reading in the sun. And well, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell has amused me greatly. Not particularly because I think the book itself is awesome. I think Rowell is categorised as a YA (young adult) writer. But I thought Fangirl was really good because I think the idea is brilliant: a book about someone who writes fanfiction. I also thought it was brilliant because I recognised so much of the "fanfic lingo". Anyway, I am going to spend my night making a playlist for my jogs, because although Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran is a really lovely song, it just isn't very suitable for a jog. Hopefully I'll manage to live stream Sam Smith's concert this evening as well. That would be a perfect ending to my night. Tomorrow will be yet another early day. However, it'll be on my own initiation. And as I did this morning, I might wake up to see the sunrise (that was not intentional-- and I fell asleep again shortly after, because there was no way I was going to wake up at 5:00 am). Anyway, I hope you have a lovely evening and a great morning tomorrow. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar