tirsdag 20. mai 2014

This ain't love, it's clear to see. But darling, stay with me

Here's the pastel pink coloured house I wrote about yesterday. Instead of just strolling past all of the new places Allie and I discovered yesterday, we properly explored them. We went through Vulkan-- "the little city in the city", which I think is a really cool place. It really does feel like a tiny city within the proper city. And the architecture is very intriguing, and I am very happy to see that they've created green spaces on the top of the buildings. Strangely enough I know quite a few details about sustainable architecture, mostly due to a subject I had back in 'high school' (What's even more strange is that two of the subjects I had my last year at 'high school' was two subjects I hadn't planned to have), so I do recognise how they've chosen to build the apartments, business, etcetera. One of the things located in Vulkan, is Mathallen, which was one of our stops. It was so nice, and everyone was really lovely (mostly because they're trying to sell, but nevertheless). Allie and I spent a bit of time browsing through a few shops, and I found the tea I tasted when I was visiting Lynx back in April. So I'll probably stop by another day to purchase some. Allie kindly enough bought us lollipops made of organic honey (first picture). First thing she said when she'd popped it in her mouth, was: "interesting". It tasted a bit too sugary for us, but I guess it's better than to eat actual lollipops which are stuffed with sugar and whatnot. Yesterday we walked past a church (the first picture in this blog post), and we were just chatting a bit about it, and then we walked past it today too. And then we saw this sign which told us it had a relation to the 200-year anniversary of Norway's constitution. We were just chatting for ourselves, when this woman came out of the cemetery. She had just done a little tour for school kids, so she knew a lot about the church and the history. She showed us some pictures, and then we ended up getting a little tour of the insides of the church with another German pair of tourists. And I think that, of all the people I know, only Allie would be interested in this. So I was happy to share these moments with Allie, who I knew would appreciate just wandering around, discovering new places and listen to a lady talk about history. The point in our little trip was actually to get our poster from the print shop, and then meet up with the others from my "praksis" group at school. But since we'd done the poster, Allie and I decided that the others could take responsibility for the last editing of our paper. Eventually, when the finished the free tour at the church, we went through the cemetery before we headed back to school. Now I'm home, and I really need to finish my last piece of school work, which I didn't start on yesterday. Because yesterday I fell asleep early due to the lack of sleep the day before. And I fell asleep to the calming thunder and lightning. I don't mean that ironically either. I do find that rain, thunder and lightning is really soothing sometimes. And it reminds me of a summer a few years ago when it was always thunderstorms at night. Anyway, it made me feel very refreshed this morning, but I'm scared the sleep cycle will continue, and that I'll end up with five hours of sleep tonight. Bah, but yes-- I'm going to do school work now. And some last words of wisdom for the day: “Don't think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be”. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar