onsdag 21. mai 2014

we walk like we're pretty much blind


Right, so after school, I went to the library to pick up the book I had ordered. I was standing in line, waiting patiently for my turn, when the lady at the check out directed the "can I help you?" to me. This was despite the boy that had moved in front of me in the line. I was a bit surprised and grateful that she had actually noticed that I had been waiting in line for longer (not that I was very bothered by this boy who moved in front of me). I gave the book to her so she could check it out for me to borrow. And whilst she was doing this, she asked me: "do you read a lot of books in English?". I answered "erm, yes?" a bit confused, because, well-- I usually use a machine to check out the books I want to borrow when I'm at the library. So I don't usually interact with the employees. "Well, you should totally come with recommendations for books you want us to buy. I can't guarantee that we'll buy them, but we'll definitely take your suggestions in consideration". "Oh, okay, cool," I answered, a bit bewildered. I thought first that maybe she got the hunch that I do a lot of reading because of my loan history which she could probably see on the computer. However, the past ten books I've borrowed has been in Norwegian. Strange. Anyway, I probably didn't have enough sleep last night, though I did luckily sleep through the night. But it did mean that I was really tired when I was sat listening to people present their papers this morning. It got better once I got outside with the fresh air. However, when I got home, I was about to drop off. So I had a little nap, which I'm not so sure was the best decision. My goodness, I need to break out of this strange sleep cycle. Oh, I don't know why I am surprised, but One Direction announced another tour for next year. But I do maybe think it's mostly for the countries they've not been to yet? Like Asian and African countries. I guess One Direction is still going strong, huh? I am really looking forward to the weekend because One Direction will be performing at Croke park in Ireland, home of young Niall. The gigs in Ireland are always ace. Also, it's Radio 1's Big Weekend! Because I am actually done with all school work now, I'm just going to laze around. And I think I am going to start reading that book I borrowed today, because I've been looking forward to it forever. Have a nice evening xx. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar