søndag 25. mai 2014

You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain. Or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name

At 11:00 pm yesterday, I was sat reading a new book (which is quite hilarious), whilst I was listening to Coldplay's set on Radio 1 Big Weekend. In the midst of it, I stopped my reading, because wait, is that? what? oh my god! Coldplay were doing a tiny cover of Best Song Ever by One Direction. And the whole crowd was singing along. My day had just been so great already, so it multiplied all my happy feelings. I am aware that Coldplay has done tiny covers of One Direction before as well, during their gigs. First time they did it was when Harry was there, which must have been ace, because Harry's always been such a big fan of Chris Martin. Prior to this, I had been cuddled up in the living room by myself with a cup of tea, some chocolate, my book and The Object of My Affection on the telly in the background. It reminded me of my younger self, when I had a telly in my bedroom-- and I'd watch all of these movies before going to bed. And this memory made me very happy, as well as I got to watch a bit of Pretty Woman too, which is one of my all time favourite movies. In addition to this, I've been so overwhelmed with all the emotions that comes along with watching One Direction playing Croke Park. The cheers and roars that rise whenever Niall has a solo, or when the camera is filming him-- it's amazing. And it's lovely how the other boys takes a step back and lets him have his moment. "Help me sing this one to Niall, alright?” Liam said before singing Don’t Forget Where You Belong at the first night at Croke Park. Louis said: "This is for Niall" in one of his speeches. And Harry had a speech about Niall himself. And it felt a bit like a concert dedicated for Niall. I spent most of Friday night crying because of all the emotions with seeing one of your favourite people being so loved and emotional. So there's been so many things that's made me happy the past few days, and it was just topped off with listening to Coldplay yesterday. It wasn't even the One Direction cover, but it was Coldplay themselves-- every gig I watch of them is amazing. And I could just picture myself standing in a green field in Glasgow surrounded with people chanting for Coldplay to do an encore. I love Coldplay, and I said to Oyster the other day: "I want to collect all their CD's". It's strange because I never thought Tumblr was a place you'd go to gain knowledge, but it's raised so much awareness in myself, that I am so grateful. My night yesterday was topped off by listening to Leave Your Lover by Sam Smith just before bed. The music video is gorgeous, and the song itself is also gorgeous. It makes me so happy that I discovered Sam Smith, because he is amazing. His album is released tomorrow I think, and I would have grabbed it if I had the money. But because I'm broke, it'll be a bit of time before I can get my hands on it. I hope you have a splendid Sunday. I know for certain that I'll really enjoy this day, despite the rain and grey skies. Appreciate life, educate yourself about your own rights, and always question everything. Try to lift your head up from the ground, and see all the things you never normally notice. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar