søndag 11. mai 2014

such a novel life, he thought, while knowing nothing at all

I feel like I've been walking around and worrying about the weekend being over too soon, and now it's about to be over. The upcoming week is sort of our last week to get everything done for our paper. The only problem is that we also have a day full of lectures on Tuesday and then something on Wednesday. But it'll be alright, because we're on the right track, and we've done loads already. We've only got the final editing to finish really. Plus I am sort of excited for Tuesday because I think it might be a lecture for all of the classes. And then the kilo-gang might be assembled together again. We had a face-time chat with Lynx and David this morning, and we might be babysitting their dog when they're going on holidays. I say might, because my mum doesn't want a smelly dog in the house. But I reckon I can convince her, ha. I feel like a small child begging my parents for a dog. I can't wait though, because I love their dog, and he's so cuddly. He's a bit like a child to be honest, because he sometimes demands attention. He'll sit and whine at you until you let him sit in your lap and pet him. It's one of my favourite things to do when I'm at Lynx and Grepper's-- after everyone's gone to bed (because they'll have work), I'll sit in the corner of the sofa watching whatever's on the telly, and the dog will cuddle into my side. Apart from the booing, I really enjoyed Eurovision yesterday. I think that Eurovision should first and foremost be about gathering Europa and do something positive together, rather than politics. I am aware that Russia isn't the most popular country per today, but I don't think that should be conveyed in booing the Russian entry which consisted of what? 17 year old girls? As my sister said: "they don't deserve that". However, I did really enjoy the Danish hosts, and I enjoyed the humour. Most of all, I really enjoyed the part where they thanked the commentators and Graham Norton's surprised face. One of my favourite parts of the show are the votes. It's always funny with the delays, and I never understand why they don't make the airtime longer, because the votes always takes ages. My favourite song was probably Something Better by Softengine (Finland). I said to Monchita: "once my belieber friend told me that my music taste limits to 17-year old boys," and then we both looked at the telly, where the band members between 17-19 years were performing their song. And I looked back at Monchita: "I guess she's right". It wasn't my favourite song to win Eurovision, but I think they were really talented. I hope they go far in the future. Despite that Eurovision should be entertainment, I personally thought the win was a bit of a political statement as well. And well, I'm not against the win at all. And I really appreciated Conchita's last words about the win. Speaking of political things, I want you to read this post on Tumblr, because I think it's an important subject. I spent some time reading news and thought about politics, which is something I don't do very often. I think that if I actually wanted, I could become really invested in politics, because I get so agitated. On a happier note, if you like cats, you should read this Tumblr post (the "authorities" are the owners) or this Youtube video (it's quite hilarious). Anyway, I'm going to do a bit of school work now, and then enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar