onsdag 13. januar 2016

and on this night and in this light, I think I'm falling, I'm falling for you

This is a reminder, a playlist for me to remember; songs that are important to me at the moment, and that I keep listening to. Falling For You by The 1975. To be honest, all of the lyrics are my favourite, but these lines are maybe the most favourite ones: "According to your heart, my place is not deliberate. Feeling of your arms. I don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your neck". Neck kisses, man, are there anyone who doesn't like them? I think they're great anyway. There's also the cover of Can't Help Falling In Love by twenty one pilots. It just gives me a lot of feelings. I think that rushing into love like that would be brave. I also love all of the lyrics in this song, so I don't think I can choose. When We We're Young by Adele is gold. It's my favourite song off the album, I think. It was love at first listen. I love most of the lyrics of this song as well, but my absolute favourite lines are: "Everybody loves the things you do from the way you talk, to the way you move. Everybody here is watching you cause you feel like home". It just gets me each time she sings "cause you feel like home". I like to think of finding homes in people, you know, when you're with a person and it feels like coming home. Whenever I get sick of music, I listen to Tom Rosenthal because I find his music soothing. Favourite song by Tom Rosenthal is called Every Sock Gets a Hole. I don't know why out of all the meaningful ones, this is my favourite, but as I told Sugar the other day: I'm really weird. Favourite line is the title. A lot of love for Adele, because another go-to song is Make You Feel My Love. Favourite lines are "When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case, I could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love". It's just so bloody lovely, this cover. She sang it at Royal Albert Hall once, and if I'm not incorrect, I think she dedicated it to Amy Winehouse, and it brought tears to my eyes. The last song I'm going to mention is this version of Out Of The Woods by Taylor Swift. She does this great explanation before, and she's talking about relationships, the one that inspired the song. And she says that though not all relationships are stable "it doesn't mean that it's not special and extraordinary just to have a relationship that's fragile and somehow meaningful in that fragility". When I first watched this video, I was really in awe of what she said, because it reminded me that every relationship is important somehow. This song was one of the first songs I heard when she released her album, and it was my first favourite. Later, I've gotten tired of the studio version, because it is very repeating, but she enchanted me with this acoustic version. Also, she sings the ending of the bridge differently from the studio version, and it's my favourite thing. I've always loved the lines: "you took a Polaroid of us then discovered the rest of the world was black and white, but we were in screaming color". I really enjoy the music video as well, especially because it ends with "she lost him, but found herself. And somehow that was everything". It's just a really empowering line. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar