torsdag 13. desember 2012

if you ever love somebody, you've got to keep them close


I saw this Tumblr blog dedicated to One Direction, and she wrote: "I write stuff and have opinions and cry over the boys while drunk" in her description, and obviously I though that sounded like a great idea. Except the fact that I don't really drink alcohol, and if there was anything I'd like to drink, it's wine. However, I don't like wine, and it looks like I have to swallow a pill (I hate taking pills because I'm afraid I'll choke) whenever I take a sip. I had a discussion about wine with my soon-to-be brother-in-law's sister last new year. And I was like: "I wish I liked it, because I feel like it's really sophisticated". And she - 15 years (or more) older than me - agreed. (She is my favorite sister in my soon-to-be brother-in-law's family). I have however come to the conclusion that you have to get used to the taste, just like tea. I used to hate tea, but after a long period of trying to drown my coughing with tea, I've learned to love it. But I guess you can't really walk around with a glass of wine like you can with a cup of tea. Imagine, me sitting at a lecture about the endocrine system, sipping wine. I'm pretty sure the lecturer once specifically told us not to do that. Well, this escalated quickly. I am currently very tired, and my eyelids are heavy. Thing is though, I have exactly 24 hours and 19 minutes before my exam is due, and I really want to sob hysterically in the corner of my room. But that would take time, and I don't have time for that.

The reason for my tiredness was my lack of interest of going to bed last night. However, Tumblr was shut down (alas my life was ruined too), and there is just so much stalking you can do on the Twitters, so I did eventually go to bed. Except I was standing in the hall, brushing my teeth and looking out the window. I always have this urge to look out of the window in fright that the snow has melted. I did however, not expect to see a deer. At first glance I thought it was a man - at which I freaked out - but my brain quickly figured out that it was a deer. And so I just stood there with my toothbrush in my mouth, staring at a deer through the window at 2:00 am. It's not like I've never seen one. On the contrary actually, we have deer in our garden quite often - much to my mums dismay (they tend to eat her tulips and kindly leave traces of themselves if you know what I mean). I do however never actually see them in action in my garden, except once this summer when I was startled by a creature looking at me with wary eyes. And here's the thing - I'm afraid of hedgehogs, so obviously I was startled by the deer. But also intrigued because it was chilling in my garden, just lying down. It wasn't even eating anything. Yesterday however, the deer I spotted was looking for something edible in my neighbors garden. And then I saw what fascinated me most - it jumped over the fence. And it's not like the fence is small, it's actually quite tall. Nevertheless it jumped over with ease. And then it kind of stopped and looked back, almost like it was staring in my direction in a mockery tone. Because I'll never be able to jump over the fence with such ease and elegance. But then it just ran away - off to the wild, well, another garden I guess.

Well, hello, and I am complaining about time, and then I write this rant about wine and deer? The worst part is that I could probably keep going for so so much longer. Christ, alright I'm going now. Except, I'll have you know that I don't post videos for nothing. This song is really lovely, and once I'm finished with my exams and manage to find time, I'll draw lyrics from this song. Also, I can't put my finger on which artists O'Shaughnessy's tune reminds me of. And bloody hell, he is Irish. Course he is, who isn't these days?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar