lørdag 15. desember 2012

I've lost it all, I'm just a silouhette. A lifeless face that you'll soon forget


Sometimes I hate the world. Not the earth, not the nature. But human race. Sure, I should probably lay off the word hate, because it is a strong word, and I don’t actually mean it. But in rage and utter distress, I cannot help it. I don’t usually watch the news, nor do I read news. In some ways this is my way of keeping faith in people. Because the news are painted with bad news, only leaving a tiny spot for the good news. Twitter, however, is a way of letting me know about what’s going on around the world. And today, I was utterly shocked and aghast at what I was met with. There was a shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, leaving 27 people dead. In which 18 were children. I read this whilst watching Home Alone. And then I almost felt a bit angry, you know, that they were showing this movie when there were so many killed today during this shooting. This was against all logic, seeing as it was a Norwegian television channel. And they are definitely doing something about this case on the news channel. However, I just couldn't help feeling bad almost. Because I was sitting there in my living room, safe and sound, with the knowledge that my family members are okay. And whenever I laughed during the movie, I stopped abruptly, just because it felt wrong to laugh. It’s like a guilt washes over me whenever I feel happy. And when “Kevin” is reunited with his family at the ending of Home Alone, I couldn't help feeling really sad. Thinking that the families that have lost members cannot do that. And it’s so close to Christmas, when everything is supposed to be happy and jolly. And I just cannot phantom why the world has to be such a shitty place.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar