tirsdag 4. desember 2012

So many adventures couldn't happen today, so many songs we forgot to play, so many dreams swinging out of the blue, we'll let 'em come true. Forever young, I wanna be, forever young.

"The thing that gets me the most about Liam is not just his drive and determination, but how he’s managed to keep the relentlessly sunny optimism about hard work paying off. Despite growing up being acutely aware of his own health complications, being bullied, barely missing out on a spot of the England schools team for running, being cut from the X Factor four separate times and spending two years performing gigs that went nowhere, he has still kept up the belief that if he just tries hard enough, good things will come. At every turn, his response was just that he wasn’t working hard enough, that he needed to put in more effort. It’s a view that is fittingly earnest and lacks cynicism, and from anyone else would seem horribly naive.

But you know what? He’s somehow made it work, forced it to work.  He took precautions with his health, actively took up boxing to be able to defend himself, woke himself up early in the morning to train, took up vocal lessons, taught himself how to play the piano and guitar, learned as much about music as he could, jumped at every opportunity to perform and took a second swing at the X Factor. And, well, at some point he got to be in a band with his four best mates, traveled the world, recorded hit albums that broke all kinds of records, performed in front of sold out crowds, and, hell, even his damn kidney fixed itself. And I’m just so glad that everything worked out and he’s got everything he wanted, if only so that his genuine optimism towards the world can stick around.


It’s like Liam is Charlie Brown and the world is Lucy holding the football, except eventually the world stopped pulling the football back and that football is still flying through the air, currently over Madison Square Garden". -Source


I came across this little text about Liam whilst scrolling down the dashboard on Tumblr, and it made me cry. It was just so beautifully written, and I love the comparison between Liam and Charlie Brown. I think the world need more people like him. And I'm so glad for him, and for everyone in the band. I never once thought that I'd become so emotional over this boyband. But I guess things has changed, and I'm in this much deeper than I thought. I am so so proud of the boys, not to mention happy. The best thing is to see the smile on their faces, because you can see it's so incredibly genuine. It's like their smiles radiates joy, and makes everyone else happy too. Last night was maybe the biggest day of their lives thus far. I say thus far, because they are going to do so much more in the future. Sure, I might have wished that I could have attended too, seeing as it was possibly my dream concert. Ed Sheeran and One Direction. But it doesn't matter really. All that matters were the smiles and the happy tears that were shed last night. I thought Forever Young was a very suitable song for this moment, and therefore I'll end this post with some lyrics. 

I don't want to perish like a fading horse. Youth is like diamonds in the sun, and diamonds are forever.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar